11/4/08

My Love...

Okay... If life can't get more challenging... Here we goooo!!! And, I am still trying to wrap my head around this too. Joey's wrist was hurting from cooking at the restaurant so, he went to the E.R. because, it looked like a bone was popping out. They did an x-ray and could not find a broken bone so they sent him to see his primary care physician to get an authorization to see an orthopedic surgeon... his primary care D.R. decided to do a annual exam since, Joey was there. So, a few days later we got a call and Joey's blood count was not normal. After many test they found out that Joey has Leukemia a very rare Leukemia that not only effects the white blood cells but his bone marrow too. Joey started Chemo a few months ago and we are still learning what all this means for him and what this means for his future well being.

This news of course has been devastating to us. This comes at time when I was planning on wrapping up my chemo and preparing for my breast surgery. But, with Joey now being on chemo and being on a health watch. I feel I have to now shift my focus from my self to him...
His D.R.'s are afraid that because is white blood count is over a million he will go into cardiac arrest or have a stroke. But, they feel very confident they will be able to control his numbers in the next few months...

I am so broken up over this new. We are just trying to understand why?
My heart is broken. I know how hard chemo is and don't think Joey is strong enough for this fight. But, we pray that will understand and just make it thru. I love him so much and it is killing me.

4 comments:

Mando said...

We've got soooooo much love for the 2 of you!!!
When this is all said and done we are going to live it up on some tropical beach!!



-Mando
&
Nessa

Spammers said...

I don't know you personally but I am praying for you and a speedy recovery. You are a strong woman and I know that no matter what you will beat this.

God bless you and stay strong. You are an inspiration to others.

mle428 said...

You have been in my thoughts all day and will remain there until you are fully recovered.

xoxo,
Em

Unknown said...

I'm Loriann's friend, and i heard about your event.... I'm gonna try sooooo hard to be there!
-Soky